Sunday, April 13, 2008

Five Quotes from the Famous

Thanks to Karen Harrington for those great sentences. I smiled when I saw her post because I'd planned to share some of my favourite writers' quotes today, which is something I collect. They've been sent to me from everywhere, and some of them you probably already know.

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." -- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

"Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?" -- Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." -- Mark Twain

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" -- Mark Twain

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

I could post a lot of blogs on Wilde's quotes alone, but you can find them easily enough with a Google search. I also have some inspirational quotes which I'll post soon.

FATAL ENCRYPTION now available through amazon.com
www.debrapurdykong.com

No comments: