Sunday, November 30, 2008

Best Of/Worst Of Book Lists

I hope you had a restful holiday weekend. I don't know about you, but I'm resting my tired carpal tunnel-inflamed arms after completing the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge. Woo!

For your viewing pleasure, here are a few links of interest.

Check out the NYT 100 Notable Books of 2008 Strangely, my book was not on this list. (wink) However, it did not make the The UK's Times report on the 10 Books NOT to read before you die so I guess I'm happy with that.

NYT reviewers says these are books that Tower Above The Rest

And here's to John Updike for winning the Lifetime Achievement Bad Sex in Fiction prize.

View a slideshow of the Best Illustrated Children's Books of 2008 according to the NYT

Take a peek at Esquire's 7 Books They Won't Be Curling Up With - Ex. Fleece Navidad: A Knitting Mystery. Oh, how I love a punny title.

I liked this very interesting nugget about The Best Review of The Worst Book Ever.

And last, the shameless book promotion linky dinky doo, connecting you to one free chapter of a book that is neither prize-winning nor horrible, but just plain interesting.

--

Karen Harrington is the author of JANEOLOGY. Visit her at http://www.karenharringtonbooks.com/ or stop by her daily blog - http://www.scobberlotch.blogspot.com/

No comments: