Friday, March 14, 2008

Having a bad day? Here's something to cheer you up!

To a writer, a bad day might mean stumbling over a story plot, or backing your characters into a proverbial corner, or God forbid that dreaded 'writer's block'. Or a bad day could be getting a computer virus and having to reformat C drive, then remembering you forgot to save your manuscript on D drive where it would have been safe.

A bad day for an author might mean getting no reviews from industry standards like Foreword Magazine or Publishers Weekly, or getting a bad book review. It could mean getting a rejection from hundreds of literary agents or publishers on that great new novel you've just completed. A bad day could also be having no Amazon ranks to compare because TitleZ is down.

For those of you who aren't writers, there are many things that could comprise a bad day--or night. Take my husband, for instance. Last night, I was having a really bad dream (probably about rejection letters) and I took an angry swipe at someone in my dream. I woke up 2 seconds later, thinking, "I didn't just clobber my husband, did I?" I learned this morning that I DID deck him. Oops...sorry, Marc. Luv ya. :)

I invite you to watch the following video and share in other people's bad days, then come back here and leave a comment. When you get to the part with the guy in the office working on his computer, keep in mind--that could be me!




What's your definition of having a bad day?
~Cheryl Kaye Tardif

No comments: