Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Author Cheryl Kaye Tardif sells ads in ebooks

The topic of advertising in books has been around for years and we've already seen it in more subtle forms. The back matter of many novels feature ads for other books, whether they're from the author or not. I recall reading romance novels that had ads inserted in the middle, mailing cards I could punch out and send off to receive more books or to sign up for a book club. But for some reason, the thought of a few pages of actual ads at the back of a book really freak out some authors, publishers and readers. Quill & Quire recently blogged about this, as have many bloggers and book industry sites.

I have a confession to make. I've sold advertising in my books.


Read more about how I sold ads in books and ebooks and my thoughts on this:


Ads in books: coming to a novel near you

No comments: