Sunday, September 14, 2008

Popularity in Electronic Publishing?

I received an e-mail from a colleague this week congratulating me because Fatal Encryption has become "most popular" in two of amazon.com's Kindle categories. I'm not exactly sure what this means or how it translates into sales, or if it even does. Still, it's nice to know that my book's reached the top 100 of any category given all the competition out there.

When you're an unknown like me, receiving any kind of recognition is important, so I'll enjoy this moment while it lasts. With any luck, maybe the same will happen for Taxed to Death when it comes out later this month.

Speaking of last, enjoyable moments ... it's been eight months since I left my full-time job in retail to produce, publish, and promote Fatal Encryption. During that time, I also edited two other novels, found an electronic publisher, worked on short stories, started two more blogs, joined MySpace, AuthorsDen, and Goodreads. Before February, I hadn't even head of Goodreads and AuthorsDen. Now I'm contributing and meeting new friends everyday. It's been one of the most productive times of my life, but it's time to start earning a regular pay cheque again, so I have a new, exciting job I'll be starting later this month. Change is a good thing. Learning something new is even better.

For anyone interested in seeing my books, electronic and print, go to http://www.amazon.com/

Excerpts for Fatal Encryption and Taxed to Death can be read at http://www.debrapurdykong.com/

And remember, I'll be at Semiahmoo Library 1815 - 152nd Street on Saturday, September 27, and at Word on the Street Fair at Vancouver's Library Square on Sunday, September 28th. I hope to see you there!

No comments: