Saturday, October 06, 2007

Beating the Aussies and a new blog too...what a wonderful day!

The blog bug finally got me, so much so that I now have my own! Who'd have thought it six months ago. Back then, Andy Tilley getting involved in the blogging community was about as likley as England beating the Australians in the rugby world quarter cup final.

And guess what,

England 12 - 10 Australia

It has been a mighty fine day here in the desert, I can tell you. Kirk, an Australian collegue of mine, had been so confident that he already had his tickets bought fo rthe semi final at a cost of £1000. Additional to that, he'd lashed out £50 on a new rugby shirt. As my very knowledgeable friend Jonesy put it:

New rugby shirt, £40
Semi final tickets to see England vs Australia, £1000
Kirk's face as he storms out of the room........PRICELESS.

No comments: