Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom Thoughts on Mother's Day

First, a happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. As you know all too well, once you become a mom, life changes big time. What I've learned lately is that after twenty years, my life as a mom is still changing and evolving despite occasional setbacks. Like most writers, I incorporate my mom experiences into my work. To be honest, motherhood hasn't helped me become a prolific writer, but it sure has helped me become a richer one.

And for my mom who's always been there, especially during the tough times, when you found yourself with no husband, no money, and two young teenage girls to raise, I thank you for giving it your best, for sticking it out, and for still being there after all these years. What would I have learned about tenacity, hard work, determination, sacrifice, budgeting, and survival without you?

No comments: