Sunday, March 30, 2008

Magic in Blog


There are days when I wish I had a wand, a magic wand. The very idea of being able to wave a stick and poof the uglies into oblivion appeals to me. If I owned that wand I could blog about magic. My status could be: expert in abracadabra. People would come from the four corners of cyberspace to read my blog.

Where would I begin the magic? Would I remove all disease? Replace sorrow with happiness or death with life? How would I discriminate between those who would get a wave and those I would pass over? Would I be playing God with my magic? Selfishness might overtake me and suddenly all the magic would be sullied by opportunists banging on my door making offers to exploit my powers.

The truth is there is no magic, no incantation that will allow anyone of us to escape the bumpy roads of life. There is a beginning and there is an end. There are no potions or elixirs to instill passion or power to those unworthy or incapable of securing the same on their own.

There are few, if any, short cuts, such as magic for averting the inevitable, or for redirecting fate or destiny. The magic is carried not in a wand, but inside each one of us. A fairy godmother with the power to turn pumpkins into coaches and frogs into princes is not the magic we need to seek.

Faith in the unknown brings with it surprises, if we stay open to the possibilities of tomorrow, then having faith allows magic to happen over and over. The best I could do with a magic wand would be to play it forward.

Stay true to your bliss, to yourself and to the magician within.

Blog what you hear, think and feel.

Linda Merlino, author, Belly of the Whale
http://www.lindamerlino.com
http://www.kunati.com/linda-merlino

No comments: