Thursday, May 22, 2008

Whale Song and The Page 69 Test

Over the years, I've heard of many interesting ways for a reader to check out a book, to see if it's worth reading. Some read the first page and if that doesn't grab them, they put the book back. Some read the last page, which always makes me squirm and think: Wait! You're going to ruin the ending!

Many people read a specific page number. I've heard of people who read page 20 or 30. Some read page 40 or 50. And some choose page 69.

Today, my novel Whale Song is featured on two websites:

I invite you to check out these sites, and please leave me a comment, especially on the first site if you feel that page 69 in Whale Song is interesting enough to make you want to read more. Does it reveal enough of the story to grip you?

No comments: