Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspiration found me.

I have found a new haven.

I decided to wander outside this evening with my laptop and was tremendously rewarded. I could barely write I was so overwhelmed with such contentment.
I sat on my plain patio, the warm glow of my $9.00 patio lanterns surrounding me, a hot cup of tea in an oversized mug and my laptop-fully charged. What more could a girl ask for?

I’ve been wracking my brain for weeks on what to write my next blog about. And in turn, I’ve prolonged it. I’ve learned so much just since the release of my first novel that I just couldn’t focus on one aspect. So I figured: screw it. Inspiration would find me.
Boy, did it ever.
I’ve written more tonight that I have in weeks and it feels SO GREAT! All that pent up frustration and anxiety over my lack of writing-gone.

Ah-there. The glorious sounds of a distant wind chime take my worries even further from me. They ride away on the backs of the crickets lulling my muse to work.

So take my advice. Suffering from pre-summer writing stalls? Take a deep breath-and a step outside. It’s worth it.

No comments: