Sunday, April 03, 2011

Promotion Events for The Opposite of Dark


My debut Casey Holland mystery, The Opposite of Dark, has officially been out for about three weeks and, as every writer knows, it’s up to us to do our own marketing. My publisher officially launched their spring season on the first of March and have been busy lining up events for their writers, which must be a daunting task for the publicist. To help the cause, I’ve compiled a list of events I’ll be participating in.

As I mentioned last week, I and Kay Stewart will be launching our debut mysteries, The Opposite of Dark and Sitting Lady Sutra at The Fort Cafe, 742 Fort Street, Victoria on April 12th at 7 p.m. I’m delighted to announce that we will now be joined by mystery writer Roy Innes, who will be reading from his third mystery, Murder in the Chilcotin. There will be reading, conversation, and mystery writing secrets revealed!

Kay and I will do this again in Vancouver on April 27th at 7 p.m. at the People's Coop Bookstore, 1391 Commercial Drive. Apparently, they have a brand new space for such events, and since my main character, Casey, lives in that area, I‘ll feel right at home.

The next night, at 7 p.m. on April 28th, I’ll be on a panel in the Alma VanDusen Room at the Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia Street, for Coastal Crime Wave: An Evening at the Arthurs with BC Crime Writers. Not only will be having a lively discussion about crime writing, but we will also be announcing this year’s finalists for the coveted Arthur Ellis Awards. It will be a great night!

And on May 17th at 7:30 p.m., I’ll be reading and speaking at Spoken INK, a fun event featuring a number of readers, at La Fontana Caffe, 101 – 3701 East Hastings Street, (on the northeast corner of Hastings and Boundary). There are three more events coming in late May, June, and July, but I’ll post those as the time draws nearer. Meanwhile, here’s some links to find The Opposite of Dark, which is now available on Kobo at http://bit.ly/gtFSFw

If you want to see the cool book trailer, go to http://youtu.be/ojgoDKSW_ck

The book can also be found at: TouchWood Edition’s website http://bit.ly/i983XE

Amazon site, http://tinyurl.com/2frw58u

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Good luck with your upcomimg events. I will try to take one in.BTW I like your blog.