Friday, July 10, 2009

Future Forward!

I am writing the end of my second novel, and it marks the end of an era for me. I have been working on my duology for the last seven years and I am both sad and ecstatic to see it end.
I have had these characters living in my brain for so long, I almost feel like I’m cheating on them to be planning my next novel. And to be planning a novel other than Sacrifice or Survival is completely daunting. It’s funny how the safety of familiarity keeps us from expanding our horizons.
The challenge of not falling back into recognizable narrative that was commonplace in The Last Forever will be exciting as well. I get to plunge into a completely new world, with new characters, new settings and totally new tone.
I am thoroughly stoked. And still pretty scared.
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter at http://www.kellykomm.com/ to keep pace with me as I finish The Last Forever and begin my new novel.

No comments: