Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cheryl's "Craig Ferguson Campaign" takes off


My endeavor to be a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson has attracted some attention. Emails are flooding into CBS from my fellow author friends, family, fans and even complete strangers who have caught the craze.

Yes, sometimes we authors have to really go out on a limb. Or 2. Sometimes we have to boldly go where no author has gone before. And this means sending tons of emails to Craig at CBS.

I belong to a "Shameless" group on the thriller forum over at Amazon.com, a forum where authors from all over the world have united to help get the word out about each other's books, and now my friends there have pitched in to help me get Craig Ferguson's attention, so that I can see one of my dreams come true.

Here is one of the emails that has been sent so far:

Dear Mr. Ferguson,

Okay, I must apologize for the torrent of emails that you may be receiving this week from the regular and may I be so bold to say talented participants of Amazon's absolutely crazymadnuts discussion "Shameless Self Promotion by Author (2)"..... but our dear friend Cheryl is dying to be on your show. Well, not her dying personally, since it's her business to kill off other people through her books.

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet - I'd watch if she were on! And it's all about the viewers, right? ;) Plus, Cheryl's a very determined woman. Her presence is everywhere she can get her hands on, on the internet and elsewhere - again.....more viewers for you! So it's a win-win situation for you, the network and for Cheryl. And Cheryl can finally knock this off her list of things to do in life before the big guy in the sky writes her off.

Seriously, she's a fantastic, talented and funny author, and she would be a great asset to your show.

My best to you and yours for a Happy New Year!
Sincerely,
Jeannine R. Reardon, Esq.
a/k/a J.R. Reardon
author, "Confidential Communications"

Some of the other emails sent are just priceless. :)

So what do I need from you??

Please email Craig Ferguson and tell him you'd like to see me on his show. Maybe let him know why you think I'd make a good guest. :)

craigferguson@cbs.com

~Cheryl Kaye Tardif,
author of Whale Song, The River and Divine Intervention
http://www.cherylktardif.com/

No comments: