Monday, August 26, 2013

Special guest Nakia R. Laushaul: "Life is Good . . . Now That I Finally Decided to GO Live!"

I never imagined that the path to following your dreams would be littered with so much beauty. Of course the road gets ragged with its fair share of speed bumps, winding roads, and caution signals which we may also know as fear, cash flow and time. The truth is, those stop signs existed before and they will always exist. There is no way around them except to keep going. Keep believing. Keep dreaming.  

You see, when I wasn't doing much of anything but working to live, I somehow managed to move forward with my life. I actually thought I had a really good life. But this kind of passionate living is different; it has a wonderful, magical surreal appeal to it. Every word that I write, every motivational message I send out into the universe, every book that I sign, and every heart that I touch through my literary reach means something special to me. The stories that sat on a dusty shelf in my soul for all of those years had a purpose. I have a purpose. I am not an accountant. I am not a teacher.  I am not a scientist. I am a writer. I own that title proudly. I pray that something I write, a blog a social media post or a book will flick the switch for others to finally have the confidence, the courage to run after their dreams and begin to live their real true life just like me. This real life is so amazing that I want everyone to experience it for themselves. Yes, it is just that good.

To be totally honest, I started this journey wanting to be a rich and famous author. Hey, I’m human and the mom of a hungry seventeen year-old son. However, somewhere along my journey, I made a right turn and my goals changed and so did the way I see riches. My life has become more about encouraging others, giving to our future and healing our families by writing what is true. Truth is, holding the payment in the palm of my hand for the purchase of one of my books just doesn’t compare to how rewarded I feel when someone says, "Because you did, I think I can." When people find the inspiration in me to go and really live, I’m good.

If your dream is to write a book, a screenplay or start your own blog, I say go do it. GO LIVE! Your readers are waiting for you and have no fear, if you keep living (writing) they will find (read) you.

You can find Nakia R. Laushaul almost everywhere on the web:


Award winning author, Nakia R. Laushaul resides in Houston, Texas with her lovable teenage son. She is an inspirational poet, motivational speaker, novelist and entrepreneur. She is the CEO and chief designer of a typesetting and interior book design firm, A Reader’s Perspective. Her debut novel, RUNNING FROM SOLACE, is the 2011 Best Books Award Winner and a 2012 Next Generation Indie Book Award Finalist. She recently penned a romantic and honest novella; CHASITY RULES (released July 2013) Nakia truly believes that by doing what you love, you become happy! She hopes that you will find your happiness. For more information visit her website: www.NakiaRLaushaul.com.

This week (8/26/13-9/1/13)only, her award-winning novel, RUNNING FROM SOLACE is 50% off!

No comments: