Sunday, July 27, 2008

Inspiration for Promotion and Writing

Another week and another round of promotion, but it's been fun and productive. Library orders are starting to come in and I was featured on Dan Janal's Cool Book of the Day site.

On the bulletin board behind my computer, I keep a list of wonderful sayings and bits of wisdom that I've collected from ByLine Magazine over the years (I'm still reading back issues to catch up). The sayings are directed at writers struggling with their prose and poetry, or with the submission process. But as I re-read some of them today, I realized they also apply to the writer who's working hard to promote his/her book. Here are some of them:

"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the one who wins is the one who thinks he can."

"Believe in yourself and keeping trying."

"Rejection is a writer's best friend. 'If you are not failing regularly,' Gregg Levoy observes in The Business of Writing,' you are living so far below your potential that you're failing anyway."

"Tenacity is essential to success in writing. While successs as a writer is a great achievement, considerable merit attaches to the effort itself. As in athletics, training is the struggle; victory is merely the affirmation of that struggle."

Food for thought, eh?

To read excerpts of Fatal Encryption visit:

http://www.debrapurdykong.com

My interview at Dan Janal's site is at http://www.coolbookoftheday.com/fatal-encryption

No comments: