Thursday, September 21, 2017

Freebies -- Yes or No?

My pal, Martin Cavannagh of Reedsy, has sent me a link to a whole raft of book marketing "opportunities," all of which feature only free and/or deeply discounted books.
...BookBub and Bargainbooksy as well as some lesser known ones that we've done our best to vet. https://blog.reedsy.com/book-promotion-services/ You can sort by genre and advertising cost — and we've even allocated them into tiers based on their reputation: from tier one, meaning that they come highly recommended; to tier four, which probably won't do much for you (but at least they're free).
Yeah, well, I pass the link along, in case any of you want to discount and advertise your books. Or in case any of you want to score some free or deeply discounted books. Me, I subscribe to the Ruth Brown school of sales.
I might just possibly consider doing a freebie or discount on the first volume of my SAGE trilogy, or on the short story collection set in that world. It seems that people who are several books along into a series would do well to try to entice readers into that ongoing set of characters/adventures. Almost all of my books, so far, are stand-alones, though.

What do you think?

Marian Allen, Author Lady 
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: