Thursday, January 21, 2016

5 Reasons To Do @AprilAtoZ and 5 Reasons I'm Not -- Reblogged from Marian Allen, Author Lady

The April A to Z Blogging Challenge will be here before you know it. You can sign up for it at the April A to Z site. What's the challenge? To blog every day of April (except Sundays), beginning with a post inspired by the letter A and continuing through the month and the alphabet.

 5 Reasons To Do It
1. It's fun.
2. It's challenging.
3. You meet lots of nice people.
4. You discover lots of new-to-you blogs
5. You learn a lot, especially if you visit blogs outside your area of expertise.

I've done the challenge for five years, and it's always been great.

So why am I not doing it this year?
1. I already blog every day (including Sundays).
2. There are over a thousand participants already signed up. I know in my head that I'm not expected to visit them all every day, but the guilt I feel anyway is unpleasant.
3. One can access the list of participants on the sign-up page, so I can still visit any blogs that intrigue me without feeling obligated.
4. I have my own blogging schedule, and, as much fun as the challenge is, I don't want to sideline what I want to do in order to accommodate a month-long challenge.
5. Which I'll do in May, if I do the Story-A-Day May challenge again!

I never claimed to be consistent.

But, if you're looking for a great bunch of fun and supportive people to encourage you to at least try to blog daily, you can't do better than to attempt the A to Z challenge.

Did I mention it's fun?

They start sign-ups January 25, 2016 for this year's challenge. Fun!

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Debra Purdy Kong said...

This sounds interesting Marian, but I have no idea how to find the time to blog everyday! It's been a challenge just to do this once a week! Yet, I love blogging.