Sunday, April 07, 2013

What I'm Up to This Spring


I’ve been writing so much about hot topics in the writing and publishing world that I’ve almost forgotten that every once in a while, I should focus on promoting myself and upcoming local writing events.

Next week, I and fellow mystery writers Cathy Ace and David Russell will be appearing at the Maple Ridge Library for One Mysterious Afternoon on Saturday, April 13th from 2 to 4 p.m. We’ll be discussing mysteries, reading from our work, and answering questions. Coffee, tea and treats will be served. The address is Maple Ridge Library, 130-22470 Dewdney Trunk Road, Maple Ridge, BC.

Secondly, Crime Writers of Canada’s annual Arthur Ellis Shortlist Night will be held at the Vancouver Public Library’s Main Branch on Thursday, April 18th from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Peter Kaye room (lower level). I’ve arranged a great list of panelists that include Chris Bullock, Kay Stewart, Miriam Clavir, Brock Clayards, and Cathy Ace. Moderator Robin Spano will make this an especially fun evening. After the panel discussion, we’ll be announcing the list of nominees shortlisted for this year’s awards and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a long list of BC nominees!

On May 9th, Cathy and I will be joining short fiction mystery writer Elizabeth Elwood for another mystery evening discussion at the Burnaby Public Library, McGill Branch, on Thursday, May 9th from 7 to 8:30

Later that month, I’ll be in Victoria for a mini conference in honour of National Crime Writing Month. Our conference is called Making Crime Pay and will feature three panels from 9:45 to noon. In the afternoon we’ll be doing Mystery Mini Chats in a fast-paced event that works something like speed dating, but we’ll be talking up our books instead. Refreshments will be provided by TouchWood Editions. All of this takes place on Saturday, May 25th at the Victoria Public Library Central Branch.

We’ll also be arranging a dinner on Arthur Ellis Awards night on May 30th, location to be announced.

If you can come to any of these events, we’d love to see you!

2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

Busy girl! It all sounds like so much fun. :) I hope you love doing panels as much as I do! Tell Robin Spano I said Hey.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Debra Purdy Kong said...

I will, thanks!!