Once you've imported one PDF or ePub file, you'll see just how easy it is, and it will open the opportunities for you as an ebook consumer as you'll be able to buy books from other retailers, including Smashwords.com, where you'll find some awesome deals and multiple formats.
Here are the 7 easy steps for importing PDF and ePub files to your Kobo ereader:
- Download and install the free Adobe Digital Editions program to your PC or laptop.
- Authorize computer. If this doesn't show automatically, open Adobe Digital Editions (should be on your desktop after downloading) and select dropdown button Library at top left, then go to Authorize Computer and fill in info.
- Add any PDFs or ePubs saved on your computer by using Adobe Digital Editions. To do this, simply select Library at top left―then Add Item to Library―and find the file on your computer and click Open.
- You should then see your files added to the right side of the screen on Adobe Digital Editions.
- Now plug your Kobo ereader into your computer. In a few seconds you will see your ereader has been added to the list under Bookshelves on left side of Adobe Digital Editions screen.
- Now this is the easy part: DRAG a file from the right side by hovering over it, holding left mouse button and dragging to KOBOeReader file on left side. This file will turn medium gray when hovering over it. Then release left button to drop. You may see a small window appear showing status of file copy. When in doubt, just click on KOBOeReader and you will see all your files inside that folder.
- Eject Kobo ereader from your computer. Wait for it to reload. Then view your files by clicking on Home, then Documents at very top. Your PDFs and ePubs will all be there. Happy reading!
Cheryl Kaye Tardif, aka Cherish D'Angelo, is a bestselling author and book marketing coach. You can learn more about her at:http://www.cherylktardif.com/ or http://www.cherylktardif.blogspot.com/